Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Yummy Peanut Butter Sauce!!!

Yummy Sauce served over rice with vegan nuggets, edamame, rice, and veggies!!

      I was just getting ready to blog about this yummy pie I made, but one of my best friends was over when I made this and she has been bugging me to get her the recipe(love ya girl), so here it is!!!  (I know if I'm getting requests for the recipe I am doing something right, Yay!!) I really do love when I have friends or family over because they can try out my food and it puts a big smile on my face to see that non-vegans can love the food I make too!!! This recipe is adapted from Chloe Coscarelli's cookbook, 'Chloe's Kitchen',  who is an amazing vegan chef doing her thing.  She actually just released her second book and I am so excited try it out (and you should too!). I just made a couple of small changes and left some things out to make sure my kids could enjoy and they do!! This is the best go-to dish when you are in a pinch too!!! This is good the next day, cold or hot!

Yummy Peanut Butter Sauce
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup Bragg's Amino Acids (or soy sauce)
1 tsp. Ginger
3 cloves garlic
1-2 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. sesame oil (preferably toasted)

Mix all ingredients except lime juice in a saucepan over medium heat.  Whisk until sauce thickens and comes together (about 7-10 minutes) and serve over pasta or rice with a side of the Carrot Salad (I will post this recipe next, as it is soo delicious and fresh!) This is the best sauce and can be used for anything you could think of!

Ingredients

Mixing Up (1)


Mixing Up (2) It has smoothed out and is getting creamy..

It's Ready!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to keep bugging you about this recipe...but I AM SOOOO EXCITED you finally posted it, I so ready to make this sauce. After having dinner at your house, and tasting this sauce, I had a glimmer of hope that I could be vegan too...well maybe vegetarian 1st, baby steps. hahaha. I'm so proud of you and your recipes are amazing :) love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWW.. you are soo sweet!! Love ya Mama:) Can't wait for you to come home!!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete