Sunday, May 12, 2013

Nana's Bean Sprout Salad!!!



 In honor of Mother's Day, (Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's I know, you are incredible people;), what else is more fitting than a ode to my mom, the one who instilled in me the love of cooking and being a good mommy?!?  I just can't say enough about how being a mother has changed my whole outlook on life and how I want to give the best of everything to my children, especially the food they eat!!
   Anyways, my Mom or Nana as my babies call her, doesn't actually measure anything for this so its more a taste as you go type recipe. Just consider yourselves very lucky as this is so yummy and it goes real quick any time it is on the table:)  Let me just say my mom has to buy two BIG bags of bean sprouts for it to last!!!LOL
  On to the real topic, the bean sprouts!  Last year we were sprouting our own and they were delish, but if you don't have time just buy at the store, you should buy at least two containers full for it to be worth it though!! The key to this is blanching the sprouts, but not too long, that they get cooked...  Oh and I am warning you now, once you start on this, you can't stop!!!:)

Nana's Bean Sprout Salad
2 containers of Bean Sprouts or As much as you want!!!
1-2 Tbsp. Bragg's Amino Acids
1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
1 tsp. Sriracha Chili Paste
2 tsp. Agave or sweetener
Salt and Pepper to taste
   *This is a starting off point, I usually just eye it and go by taste, but the next time I make this I will and update!
Boil water, then put sprouts in for 5-6 minutes, then remove and run cold water over them, to stop them from cooking.  Mix Bragg's, Sesame Oil, Chili Paste, and Agave or Brown sugar, and S&P to taste!!  This is so simple, yet so good!

Up Close!!

This were our homegrown sprouts!!Amazing!!
Finished Product!!! YUMMY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment