Thursday, May 16, 2013

Raw Carrot Cashew Salad!!!



Lemon Ginger Tofu with Carrot Cashew Salad!! Yummy!!

    I know two posts in two days, what is going on!?!  I am officially in love with writing and sharing my passion AND I know my girl Rica still needs this recipe, so I thought why not?!?
   Anyways, I still remember the first time I made this, we couldn't believe how tasty it was!  Also the fact that nothing is cooked (so you don't lose all those nutrients) and that it takes 5 minutes to make just added points!!  This is amazing as a side dish to any Asian style meal, but it truly shines its brightest when paired with the lemon ginger tofu I make!! I am the first to admit that I don't really love to eat tofu, that was until I learned how to marinate and cook it to get the most amazing flavor and texture!  I could take a whole page up telling you about it, but I will just post next time;)).  It is truly a match made in heaven, but I love this salad so much I have started to make whenever we have Asian, and my daughter will eat spoonfuls of this stuff, I love it!!  Enjoy one of my favorites;)

p.s.  I didn't take any real photos the last time I made it, so there will be more pics of just the salad soon!! And I will be posting the recipe for the lemon ginger tofu next, so stay tuned and tell your friends, LOL!!!


Carrot Cashew Salad
2 cups shredded Carrot
1/2 cup Raw Cashews (roughly chopped)
1/3 cup onion (minced finely)
1/3 cup fresh Parsley (finely chopped) or dried 1/4 cup
2 tsp. Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
1 tsp. Bragg's Amino Acids, plus extra to taste

Mix all ingredients together and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.  Serve over rice and enjoy!! This stuff is amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment