Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bagel Sandwiches!!!

Yummy!!
Up Close

Lunchtime!!

Kids version


Hungry Boy!!

Now these truly take me back to my Bruegger's Bagel days when I used to work there in high school.  I had never even heard of putting cream cheese with a deli meat, but when I first tried this I was hooked!!  So...  After making a couple of vegan adjustments, me and the family can enjoy these delicious and quick lunches!!  We always buy our bagels at Trader Joe's, one because they are Vegan and two they are soooo good, and it doesn't hurt that they are reasonably priced too!!  There I go selling Tjoe's again, but really when I find a good deal or great product I want everyone else to enjoy it too!!  I usually buy these in bulk and pre-slice and freeze them.  Then when you are ready to use, toast and enjoy.  We go for the everything and mini plain for the kids, they are perfect size too!  My son loves to top the sandwich off with jalapeno peppers (yes that is my three year old, they are no heat, so I think he just likes the flavor:)  For the adult version we top with a spicy Dijon mustard that is also from tjoes and its produced in France, so this stuff is legit too!!!  This is so easy and quick and its a nice change up from the everyday sandwich, and perfect for the kids lunch box too!  You can find vegan "cream cheese" just about anywhere, I prefer the tofutti brand for the best taste and the tofurky is a "fake meat", this is so like the real thing, they have all different types, smoked, hickory, peppered, you name it they got it, and you can find this pretty much anywhere too, in the natural food section usually!!  You'll have a deli style sandwich in no time and for half the price of a bagel shop too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment